The winds have changed, which can only mean that fall is right around the corner. Before the first leaf falls, there are a few steps you should take to ensure your concrete surfaces can make it through the next few seasons safely.
Prepare Your Property
- Sweep your concrete driveway, sidewalk, or patio to make sure it is clear of any dirt or debris.
- Document any cracks or level discrepancies between your concrete or asphalt surfaces with photographs to ensure they don’t worsen over the winter.*
- Trim any foliage surrounding your surfaces to help reduce the risk of leaf staining.
- If necessary, make sure to reseal your concrete surface before the temperature drops too low.
- As the leaves do fall, make sure and follow our GUIDE on how to eliminate leaf stains.
- Lastly, as winter arrives and the snow threatens to fall, follow these 4 DIY Snow & Ice Protection steps to save your surface.
*Any rising or falling that occurs between various surfaces could be a sign of serious frost heaving.
For more fall advice, visit our Remove Leaf Stain post.